Job Title: Senior Digital Designer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Department: Creative/Design | Reports to CTO, Tom Brown.
Salary: Based on experience
Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Must be local to San Diego, CA for full-time, in office work.
Growth Partner is a business enabler that provides advisory and real operational assistance for entrepreneurs in the fintech, health sciences, life style, and technology sectors. They are looking for a kick ass designer for capable of strategy, direction and design of websites, apps and other marketing materials. The candidate must be conceptual enough to see the big picture and caring enough to complete all the little things involved to achieve it, including UX strategy workshops, wireframes, and pixel-perfect user interface design production files. Must be great at working independently and in teams and be an excellent communicator. Someone transitioning from client-facing roles to more of a design role, and is enjoys both would be an ideal scenario. They must be positive, highly creative, and thrive in a fast-paced innovative agency environment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be a digital design guru to create strategic response-oriented creative solutions that get results.
- Play a key role with digital designs for marketing, product launches, and collateral for Growth Partner and their clients.
- High-fidelity interactive wireframes.
- Visual design including UI webpage comps from sketches, through pixel-perfect files provided to developers.
- Design email templates, web banners, ads, presentations, and other digital marketing graphics.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to confirm the scope, creative direction, strategy and business requirements.
- Make and give presentations and workshops to the Growth Partner team and clients.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate closely with developers, account teams, designers, copywriters, vendors and cross-functional teams to conceptualize effective creative solutions – from concept through final production files.
- Must be highly organized, a great communicator and an accurate estimator of design time to complete tasks.
- Continually upgrade skills and knowledge relative to design concepts, practices and tools, and stay abreast of new techniques, trends and technologies and pass on that knowledge to the design team.
- Must provide a link to your LinkedIn profile and a solid portfolio (showing UX strategy processes, and UI designs).
- Agency experience working on diverse multi-faceted product and marketing launches.
- 3+ years of professional experience in interactive design, ideally for major brands.
- BS/BA in related field (Design, Computer Science, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, UX/UI, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Tidy files, transparent statuses, and positive attitude.
- Expert in Sketch, InVision, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator programs.
- Good understanding of UI, UX and application design principals, interactive marketing trends, best practices, mobile and Ecommerce.
- You are honest, humble and passionate about design with a good sense of humor.
STOKED IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks to help communications with the development team.
- We are primarily a digital agency, but print production skills are a bonus to make ads and marketing materials.
- Work Details: Growth Partner is a business enabler. We provide proven advisory and real operational assistance for entrepreneurs in the fintech, health sciences, life style, and technology sectors. Our professionals each bring decades of experience in tactical and strategic digital marketing, capital formation, finance, accounting and investor development.
- Perks: Medical and dental benefits, semi-flexible schedule, and competitive salary.
- Fun Stuff: Many of us are surfers, outdoors enthusiasts, rock’n’roll fans and we love a good local beer at a happy hour. We work hard, but believe in a life/work balance. If you are a design pro, love the world of digital products and think UX design is really fun, then we may be a great match!